Monday, November 7, 2011

Ultrasound Pictures

It seems so surreal that Mitch and I are having a baby! I can't believe we are 15 weeks, and I have finally entered into the second trimester. Which is great for me because my energy is finally back and I haven't felt any weird nausea for over a week!

When Mitch and I found out we were having a baby we scheduled our first appointment with my OBGYN thinking we were 9 weeks along only to find out that we were really 7 weeks along. So our first ultrasound was a little disappointing because the baby just looked like a vague blob. But then we heard about the nuMOM2b study and that they would give us 3 extra ultrasounds for free! Of course I jumped on that opportunity and I went to my first visit about a week and a half ago. Here are the pictures. I hope you enjoy them. :)

It was really neat to see a baby this time and here the baby's heartbeat so clearly. My favorite part about the visit was that every time the tech would go to measure the crown of the head to the bum the baby would either decide to kick out its legs or to turn its back to us. It was pretty adorable. In the picture to the right you can see the baby's profile with its and and legs kicked out.







Here is a better profile picture of our little munchkin. Do you see its cute little belly?






























This was my favorite picture from the ultrasound I just think that the little foot is precious. Next Monday will be really exciting because we will be able to find out the baby's gender! We can't wait. I think it will be a little hard to focus this week, because we are so excited. Any guesses as to whether it is going to be a boy or a girl?

3 comments:

Samantha said...

If you keep to the CLS program pattern you will have a boy, but I betcha you will get your little girl--which is great cause Jayson needs a girlfriend to Skype! Lol just kidding, but seriously I am so freakin excited for you--it's a crazy journey but definitely worth it in the end.

Holly said...

I think you guys will have a girl :)

Katie said...

I guess that y'all will have a boy. :)