Sunday, March 29, 2009

FESTIVAL OF COLORS

Yesterday was the Hindu holiday called Festival of Colors. I saw pictures of this event last year and I decided that I wanted to go to this. Emily called me yesterday and asked if I would want to go and of course I said yes. The throwing of colors started at 5:30, so we caught the bus at 3:00 and headed down to Spanish Fork. We walked around petted the llamas, saw some peacocks, and we saw zebu (it is a type of cow i think). We got our colors and waited for the announcer guy to tell us we could start throwing. I cannot even describe to you how much fun it was. We will definitely be hitting this up next year. Enjoy the pictures, and yes the powder did get everywhere ha ha ha. I still have it in my ears, and my clothes are now all dyed sweet colors. The purpose of the festival is to kill winter and to bring in spring. It was a lot of fun and I loved it.








3 comments:

Cardalls said...

Looks like you guys had fun.

GUENTHERS said...

Sweeeeet! So fun! Miss you Mitchell! hope things are going well!

Katie said...

HOW FUN!!! Maybe I should do something like that for FHE tonight.