Sunday, April 12, 2009

GENERAL CONFERENCE

April 4-5 was the 179th Annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I was able to go with my girlfriend Emily as well as a mission buddy Viray and his friend. It was amazing sitting at the feet of the Prophets and Apostles listening to them tell us what we need to do to better ourselves. For my Living Prophets class I was required to watch all sessions of Conference and it was amazing. I felt like I was serving my mission again. My favorite talks were both of President Eyring's and also Elder Jeffrey R Holland's talk. I love Conference and the opportunity that I have to go and listen to them.

Emily and I outside of the Conference Center

We had really good seats


Here is Viray and his friend. They are both converts and first time in the Conference Center

2 comments:

Cardalls said...

Nice to see a photo of Emily where we're not looking up her nostrils or where she isn't covered in paint. :) I'm glad you were able to go. I never did make it up there, but hopefully I'll have the opportunity someday.

Katie said...

Lovely picture of Emily.... Glad you enjoyed conference. You're so lucky you've been able to go so much. Maybe one day I'll get the experience too!