Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More about accounting...

Well I do have a few options with accounting and having that be my degree. I have looked into the program at BYU-Idaho and even emailed the head chair person over the program about the program. He told me that there is no application for the program, here are his exact words

"Thanks for your email. We do not have applications for the BYU-Idaho Accounting Program. If a student is admitted to BYU-Idaho, they can choose whatever major they want. As long as a student gets at least a C- in our courses, they can continue in the program. Our charge is to take ordinary students and help them achieve extraordinary things. To that end, we do not take applications."

I really enjoy that second to last line, take ordinary students and help them achieve extraordinary things. I looked at the website and I need 150 hours before I take the CPA exam so they recommend that their students either get a MAcc or a MBA. I could try and get into the MAcc program at BYU or somewhere else. My other option is to work my butt off and get the grades I need write an amazing essay and get into the program here at BYU and just dominate everything.

1 comment:

Cardalls said...

It's good to have several options in both the type of degree and where you choose to complete your degree. I recommend praying about it and also continuing to work hard. I find that the answers always come.